I'm kinda on a indoor grilling craze. I haven't put away my cast iron, and those eggplants I bought during my Korean market stint were YELLING at me. Oh man... that was a trip let me tell you. This little old Korean lady cons me over to her stand with $1 off homemade kimchee and by saying it was very good. I respond with hand signals by rubbing my belly and going "MMMM" in agreement that kimchee is indeed delicious. Don't know Korean. I figured it would be a more positive response than my usual korean which is a very loud, very fast announcement of every korean dish I know with a hello and thank you thrown in there for good measure. Upon belly rubbing, the Korean lady goes !!! BABY?!? To which I reply "oH NO!! NOOOooo no no no no no". She still made Tyler carry my groceries. I must be gaining weight or SOMETHING. -_-
Anyway, I digress. Above is grilled eggplant marinated in soy, sesame oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, S&P, and red chili flake. Oh and LOTS of toasted sesame seeds for texture!! Too much oil. No olive oil next time. It did absolutely NOTHING...only made it kinda greasy. Bleh....
Made my entire apartment smell like sesame. Worth it.
I realize now the pictures is fuzzy. Tough. The eggplant are all in my belly. YAY MIDNIGHT SNACK ON A FRIDAY NIGHT~

No comments:
Post a Comment