Earlier this week, I tried to make chinese stuffed eggplant with some ground shrimp. I know it's easier to mix it with some not so lean ground pork, and I felt like I should consult some recipes or at least my mom. But I'm more of a trail and error type gal. Naturally, the different components were good, but the stuffing totally failed to stick to the eggplant. I think the next time I attempt it, I'll have to let the shrimp paste rest for a little bit so it can build up some glutton so T says. Anyway... back to tonight's feature... 2 japanese eggplant does not quite equal up to 1lb's worth of shrimp paste. I had a little left over that I was just going to pan sear like mom does with the leftovers and add it to some noodles. HOWEVER, I have all these left over buns from July 4th weekend. Daniel "wanted" burgers, so I bought them...knowing the steak was what we were going to end up eating. I got to thinking I should make use of the buns (I made KIMCHEE burgers the other night with the cheap ground beef I bought SO GOOD!!!!!) so shrimp burgers came to mind. I just took the leftovers and made a patty and threw it on the grill, but 10 seconds after I did that, I thought DUDE it's going to fall apart....need something to keep it together... PANKO. Perfection!! Toasted the bun...a little mayo...a little saracha...lettuce...tomatoes...onions.... panko crusted shrimp burger. Deliciousness!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Leftover magic!
Earlier this week, I tried to make chinese stuffed eggplant with some ground shrimp. I know it's easier to mix it with some not so lean ground pork, and I felt like I should consult some recipes or at least my mom. But I'm more of a trail and error type gal. Naturally, the different components were good, but the stuffing totally failed to stick to the eggplant. I think the next time I attempt it, I'll have to let the shrimp paste rest for a little bit so it can build up some glutton so T says. Anyway... back to tonight's feature... 2 japanese eggplant does not quite equal up to 1lb's worth of shrimp paste. I had a little left over that I was just going to pan sear like mom does with the leftovers and add it to some noodles. HOWEVER, I have all these left over buns from July 4th weekend. Daniel "wanted" burgers, so I bought them...knowing the steak was what we were going to end up eating. I got to thinking I should make use of the buns (I made KIMCHEE burgers the other night with the cheap ground beef I bought SO GOOD!!!!!) so shrimp burgers came to mind. I just took the leftovers and made a patty and threw it on the grill, but 10 seconds after I did that, I thought DUDE it's going to fall apart....need something to keep it together... PANKO. Perfection!! Toasted the bun...a little mayo...a little saracha...lettuce...tomatoes...onions.... panko crusted shrimp burger. Deliciousness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
KIMCHI burgers? I've never heard of such a thing...but it sure sounds tasty!
Monica I will totally make you some the next time we hang.
Post a Comment