Saturday, June 14, 2008

Introduction


Well, since I am by no means a stove master, this is the next best title (think serf...next step...lordship). Such is a mere chronicling of my rise to CULINARY GODLINESS!!!!! There will be many a obstacle, but I am ready to do some damage.

And here is where the magic happens. I'm just trying to make it on my own in my little studio apartment that was blessed with a
decent kitchen. I usually only cook for myself, so my meals are simple; keepin' it real.

I learned to cook through observation and experimentation. It all started with w
atching my parents who are both stellar chefs. I do like to peruse the isles of a farmer's market. But I usually stick to what's on sale and fresh at my neighborhood grocery store (remember the studio apartment part?). I'm not too keen on actual written instructions, and everything I make is just based on whatever I could afford to pick up at the store. For starters... these are a few of the more memorable dishes I made and ate this week:




Mash
ed sweet potatoes with bacon and a turkey, onion, and mushroom omlette.








Steamed egg with mushroom and fishcake with rice and garlic bak choi.









Sarachi and miso veggie fried rice












Steamed shrimp paste tofu





Sorry for the crappy photos. They will get better. I promise.

No comments: