skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Fuzzy Melon Attack
So...my mom gave me a freakishly large fuzzy melon this past Houston trip. It is large enough to last me for days on end. I wanted to do a fuzzy melon omelet with little white fish (which i think are actually called silver fish?) but apparently, this fuzzy squash was much too old for that. My only options were either soup, braise, or cutting into cubes and doing some sort of a wet stirfry. Being my father's daughter, I opted to braise. The first night (and first attempt) I did fuzzy melon braised with stuffed fried tofu (stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, bacon, and dried shitakes). Pictured above is braise attempt #2. It was pretty tasty if I do say so myself, and probably seconded by Iron Tyler. This was another braise, MUCH longer braise, with sliced shitakes, some dried shrimp, fish cakes, and sliced egg tofu. MMmmmm!!! Just like momma used to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment