As many will know, I love sandwiches. My coworkers have banned Jimmy Johns from our plethora of lunch options to my dismay because my love for sandwiches was so great I insisted on having JJ a few times a week. The plan was to get them to love JJ too...Plan JJ love via massive overdose is FAILURE. Poo... Well, at least I can make sandwiches at home. I had one last serving of ground turkey begging to be used, so I made a turkey burger (I like to add lots of garlic to the ground turkey to add lots of flavor). My dad always gives me fruits and veggies that are about to turn (-_- thanks dad) when I go back to Houston. So I had about 3/4 of a usable tomato. To my surprise, A WHOLE AVOCADO (i freakn LOVE avocados). Result: avocado, tomato, turkey burger sandwich!!! MMM!!!! If you're eating a burger-sandwich, you gotta have fries! I always keep sweet potatoes on hand since I love them, and so does my dog (making your own dried sweet potato chews is MUCH cheaper than buying them at the pet store. TOTAL rip off). SWEET POTATO FRIES. I made these spicy: chili powder, curry powder, pepper... it made my sandwich so much better. The fried weren't as crispy as regular potatoes. I need to do a little research on that. All in all. I give this mean a solid 7.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
The sandwiches of sandwiches
As many will know, I love sandwiches. My coworkers have banned Jimmy Johns from our plethora of lunch options to my dismay because my love for sandwiches was so great I insisted on having JJ a few times a week. The plan was to get them to love JJ too...Plan JJ love via massive overdose is FAILURE. Poo... Well, at least I can make sandwiches at home. I had one last serving of ground turkey begging to be used, so I made a turkey burger (I like to add lots of garlic to the ground turkey to add lots of flavor). My dad always gives me fruits and veggies that are about to turn (-_- thanks dad) when I go back to Houston. So I had about 3/4 of a usable tomato. To my surprise, A WHOLE AVOCADO (i freakn LOVE avocados). Result: avocado, tomato, turkey burger sandwich!!! MMM!!!! If you're eating a burger-sandwich, you gotta have fries! I always keep sweet potatoes on hand since I love them, and so does my dog (making your own dried sweet potato chews is MUCH cheaper than buying them at the pet store. TOTAL rip off). SWEET POTATO FRIES. I made these spicy: chili powder, curry powder, pepper... it made my sandwich so much better. The fried weren't as crispy as regular potatoes. I need to do a little research on that. All in all. I give this mean a solid 7.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment