Saturday, March 14, 2009

When life gives you prawns



When life (mom) gives you prawns. You've got a lot of options actually. She told me to sautee them in a tomato ketchup mixture with garlic and onions shell and head on. I thought about steaming them skin and head on split in half with garlic, ginger, and scallions. Daniel wanted walnut prawns. Since it is March 14 (Blow job and steak day). I'm going to do whatever he wants ;)




I didn't want
to fry the walnuts, so I just made some walnut in caramel (makes a lot of left over candied walnuts to snack on).










I did sort of a tempura panko prawn fry. Stirred them all together with a mayo based sauce. SO GOOD. Usually, frying is a waste of good seafood, but these prawns were still so sweet and succulent after the fry. They were like mini Lobsters!!!! So good, so good.




I also made rice
and ginger garlic green beans, but that's whatever whatever. WALNUT PRAWNS FTW!




No comments: