Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Dinner Made For Two


Daniel's gone. So the romantic dinner that I was GOING to make for us Saturday night I'm goin to eat on my own. He wanted crab cakes instead of what this so his loss (cuz i totally fucked up, but he "claims" it was the best meal of his life). I love the bull shit that hurtles out from the mouths of boys. Hiss loss.


So anyway, I made potato and leek soup. With a little bit of butter when I sauteed the leeks first to soften them up. To make it soup and not puree, I added stock and soy milk instead of cream. Same texture less fat. I grilled some chicken to top the left over phylo dough in my fridge with sliced garlic and Italian herbs. More wine for me jerkface.

2 comments:

Miss Amelia said...

The dinner I made last night was a complete an total failure so there will be NO POST. Note to self *when making a souffle corn starch does NOT = flour*

Miss Amelia said...

ate the left over soup at work. I must have been a little drunk when i made it. Definitely needs to be cream based and might want to throw in the leek with the potatoes instead of sauteing them separately. Cream and stock but soy milk just doesn't cut it. Maybe it's not meant to be reheated.... Shrug.